• Welcome to Vampyre Imaging Library Forum. Please login or sign up.

Next update info: 0.24.4 >> 0.26.0

Started by Galfar, 25 January 2008, 01:51:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Galfar

25 January 2008, 01:51:40 Last Edit: 27 August 2008, 15:42:25 by Galfar
Next update of Imaging 0.2x branch will be 0.24.4 (April/May June/July 2008?).
Next update of Imaging 0.2x branch will be 0.26.0 (end of August 2008).

There will be new data formats: compressed 3Dc (ATI1N and ATI2N)
and support for them in D3D/OpenGL extensions.
XPM file format loader is long due and there will also be
other additions since I'll be using Imaging in my MSc thesis (terrain rendering stuff).
And the bug fixes of course. 

EDIT: I'll also modify OpenJPEG library to allow saving proper JPEG 2000 images with alpha channels and updated OpenJpeg to version 1.3.

Status Update 31.5.2008: I've just added 3Dc data formats to Imaging, various
bugs were fixed in image loaders, and some level of thread safety was ensured (image loaders).
Due to work on my thesis new Imaging release didn't make it in April/May so the new timeframe is
June/July. July is more probable since now I have to study for my final exam.

Status Update 8.7.2008: I've made some canvas extensions (point transforms, non-linear filters)
and I'm planning some more (drawing images with alpha blending). There will be quite a few new things
in new Imaging version so I decided to change its version number from 0.24.4 to 0.26. I hope to get it finished before the end of July.

Galfar

Hi, I hope to finish my studies during May and June so I'm afraid new Imaging release will be out after that.
But the planned Jpeg 2000 changes are already implemented and can be downloaded from SVN repository.
D interface would be great.

lurker

hi,
problem is, i am absolutly NEW to lazarus and fpc. i'll do the the d interface, but i don't know how to build the dll and the lib. is there any possibility you can generate them and mail?

thanx

Galfar

I've added Lazarus project for Imaging DLL/SO to SVN repo.
Problem is DLL built in FPC crashes in Win32, don't know why.

(I mailed you some latest DLL built with Delphi earlier.)

Shane Gilbert

Hi, we are just wondering if you plan to bring the jpeg2000 up to the latest version of openjpeg (1.3.0). Or if possible whether the new object files and header file could be supplied with this release.

Cheers

Shane

Galfar

Hi, Imaging uses OpenJpeg 1.3 since Jan/Feb 2008 (current Imaging working version in SVN repository that is). Specifically, it is OpenJpeg 1.3.0 SVN revision 507 with my CDEF patch (which will be included in official OpenJpeg after 2.0 release).

arthurprs

keep the good work

imaging is one of the most usefull library i ever used!

Galfar

27 August 2008, 14:11:08 #7 Last Edit: 27 August 2008, 23:29:48 by Galfar
It took longer than expected but Imaging 0.26.0 is done code-wise. Now I just need to update documentation and test it on supported platforms. There are some more new things like binary morphology and more fixes.

It will be released this night or in the morning!

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name:
Email:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk