• Welcome to Vampyre Imaging Library Forum. Please login or sign up.

TIFF

Started by krsears, 26 May 2007, 02:39:22

Previous topic - Next topic

feherbt

Quote from: Galfar on  5 July 2011, 18:14:24
There are TIFF tags PHOTOMETRIC_MINISBLACK and PHOTOMETRIC_MINISWHITE
which tell the decoder if pixel with value 0 is black or white.
Look's like Imaging does not set the tag for binary images and the decoder programs
assume some default. The default for Irfan and MS Imaging is probably different.
I'll update the TIFF writer to set the tag explicitly.

EDIT: So it looks like there's some bug in MS Office Document Imaging that ignores the
PHOTOMETRIC_MINISBLACK tag. Binary images are always assumed to be PHOTOMETRIC_MINISWHITE.
Other MS programs (Paint, Explorer, ...) handle binary TIFFs saved by Imaging correctly.

Thank your answer,
and waiting your code!

Thank You again!  :)

feherbt

Dear Galfar,

just i woud like to know,
did you updated the TIFF tags writer code?

Thank you,

Galfar

TIFF tags writer was update long ago,
but it probably won't work in MS Doc Imaging
anyway due to the bug in MS Doc described previously.

suspended

Hello, Galfar. I like your library for its accessibility in lazarus and ease of use.
However, I have a few suggestions. One of them is:
Is it possible to download multi-page documents (tiff) one page at a time. For example, my tiff files may contain about 180 pages scanned in high resolution. When downloading a file less than 1mb in size, several tens of megabytes of RAM is consumed. Since only 1 is needed for the display..3 pages, I could dynamically load the necessary ones.

Galfar

Hi,
yes that would be pretty quick change to support loading only single user-specified page from multi-page image.
Some long missing "basic info about image without decoding all the pixels and stuff" would be useful
to first get you the number of pages in a file.

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name:
Email:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk