• Welcome to Vampyre Imaging Library Forum. Please login or sign up.

Size of saved JPEG is too large

Started by davem, 4 May 2010, 14:55:31

Previous topic - Next topic

davem

Hi,
  I got a weird problem. When saving JPG, the saved file has about double the size in comparison with other programs. I tried the "standard" TJpegImage and Paint Shop Pro and both save about the same file size (with the same image source, same resolution of output, same quality and progressive flag on). When saving the same using vampyre, I have to set quality to about 70 to produce a file with comparable size but then the image is obviously ugly. Any idea??

Thank you, David

davem

Please do not take any actions yet, I am still investigating, it might be a problem between my chair and keyboard.  :)

davem

Appologies, mea culpa, respectively, culpa of other library I use. Vampyre is perfect as always!

Galfar

Heh I was just going to start investigating myself (thought maybe it's just for some images because if this was affecting all JPEGs I would have noticed before) and forum soft fortunately told me that there are some unread posts in this thread when I hit Reply.

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name:
Email:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk