There is a new version of Deskew command line tool introduced in post Deskewing Scanned Documents. Looks like quite a few people found it useful 🙂
What’s new in the latest version?
- Background color can be defined (empty space around the original page after the rotation is filled with this color)
- “Area of interest” rectangle to force skew detection only into selected part of the page (useful when e.g. noisy page borders or images confuse skew detection when processing the entire page)
- 64 bit and Mac OSX support
- PSD and TIFF file format support (TIFF only in Win32 for now, sorry)
- Display of skew detection stats and program parameters
» 4.1 MiB - 6,259 hits - January 5, 2011 (last update November 1, 2016)
Command line tool for deskewing scanned documents. Binaries for several platforms, test images, and Object Pascal source code included.
Source Code Repository
Public Mercurial source repository of Deskew is now hosted at BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/galfar/app-deskew.