Planned features for next release:
- Metadata - simple way to load and save information about images other than just width-height-format. Currently reads/writes print resolution of JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images, frame delays of APNG/GIF animations. Raw XMP/EXIF/IPTC metadata support for some file formats.
- JPEG 2000 support improvements - from new version of JPEG 2000 for Pascal.
- Maybe some file mapping support for very large images (nothing in core though, just some hacky extension for now).
- Progress callback in few places.
- Direct3D 11 texture support
- Graphics32 interfacing unit
- Some support for binary (1bit) images. Support in file formats: PNG, TIFF, BMP.
- Image error metrics (psnr, rmse, ...)
- Default clear color (for new images, rotations, etc.)
- RAW (WxHxBpp) image bits loader/saver
- Delphi XE2 support for new targets/frameworks: Win64, Mac OS X, FireMonkey bitmap conversions
- Delphi XE3, Lazarus 1.0, FPC 2.6 support
- RGBE/HDR file format
items are done already.
I'm currently using Imaging in one bigger project and I need it to do some things it wasn't originally designed for (which was texture loading/saving for games) - implementation probably won't be very nice (metadata, progress, file mapping, 1bit stuff).